Welcome to our first Friday Feature!
We are beginning a new series, which will focus on different logos starting with the letters of the alphabet. We’ll work through the alphabet bi-weekly, highlighting some great logos. You’ll have a chance to contribute too.
To get us started here are 5 great well-known logos only beginning with the letter A:
1. We can’t talk about logos starting with A, without mentioning Adidas, one of the most recognisable sports logos around. The three stripes are iconic now and synonymous with a combined hip hop cool and sport suave that is all their own. What’s great about this design is that it works in a variety of colours and without the typography.
2. Next we have a favourite of mine, not just because they make great films. This logo, with the two triangles bending to form one larger arc and triangle and the smoothness of the lines creates a feeling of motion and dependability. This logo also works in black and white and works across cultures.
3. Adobe is has been a very influential brand for many reasons, the dependable A is an example of superb typography with subtle style and integrity.
4. Another very common typographic logo is that of Amazon. This logo demonstrates flexibility and adaptability. It works across nations and languages and maintains its integrity no matter where in the world it shows up, at least as far as the logo itself.
5. Last but most certainly not least we have Apple, a logo and brand which has inspired more dedication and loyalty than nearly any other on the planet. The logo itself is brilliant as it stands along regardless of colour, shade, or size. It is truly iconic and has stood the test of time.
In two weeks time we’ll be looking at logos beginning with the letter B. If you’ve got a favourite you’d like to appear here or one you designed yourself, please submit it to us via Facebook or tweet it to us @thelogocompany using the hashtag #fridayfeature