Welcome back to Friday Feature!
Continuing on in our logo alphabet series, this week we’re looking at some of the best company logos beginning with the letter B.
1. Bacardi’s famous bat logo is recognisable to most people around the world and is often even recognised without the context of the rum itself. As the first drinkers of Bacardi rum were illiterate, the bat symbol made it easier to sell and maintain brand loyalty without requiring text to be read. Customers simply looked for the “rum of the bats”.
2. BiC pens are some of the most trusted in the world, considered reliable and affordable. Many students and young people stock up on the packs of BiC pens at the start of each school year. BiC’s logo taps into their main market of students by depicting the little BiC person standing beside the main typographic logo. The logo gives the impression of dependability and professionalism which is exactly what the company stands for. The logo works with both aspects combined or individually, which is highly effective.
3. This next logo is for a new clothing company called Blu Leone, and it is gorgeous. This design is not a world-wide recognisable logo (not yet anyway) but consider it for a moment, the use of space, colour, and simple typography. It’s a beautiful piece of logo design. The intricacy of the lion’s design is inspiring. I love it. What do you think?
4. Another logo that isn’t plastered all over the internet or around the world but which is quite beautiful in its thoughtful design. I like this logo because it clearly has been well researched and thought through. Here’s what the company says about this design: “the three colors in the logo were chosen for their masculine and yet soft tones. Each color holds an icon of the area in which the company specializes in. The first, in blue, a pencil, signifying the drafting and design aspect of their construction business. The second in yellow, a screw, conveys the work done. While the third, a taupebeige color, shows the final results of the construction process.” A great design.
5. Probably one of the most recognisable logos in the western world, this screams of dependability and loyalty and yet it is a very simple design. I love the sense of stability that is invoked by the BBC logo. I also love that it works in this way or with the black and white reversed. Regardless of background or colours, this logo works and has stood the test of time, embodying the BBC’s dedication to authenticity, loyalty and steadfastness.
In two weeks time we’ll be looking at logos beginning with the letter C. If you’ve got a favourite you’d like to appear here or one you designed yourself, please submit it to us via Facebook or tweet it to us @thelogocompany using the hashtag #fridayfeature